Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 1999 20:23:28 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Chris Csanady <cc@137.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv / audio problems..

Luigi Rizzo:
 |Chris Csanady:
 |> I am using a brooktree848, and am experiencing some problems
 |> with recording audio.  I have "Fxtv.mixerChannel: cd" in my
 |> Xresources--and while audio works, it still records from the
 |> line instead of the cd input.  xmmix shows that the cd is the
 |> record source though. :\  Any ideas?
 |
 |yes -- names for input sources are screwed up in the driver
 |(but the reason is that the various MSS 'clones' are all slightly
 |different). try use some other source and see how it works.

Luigi knows better on this one.  Fxtv is simply telling the sound driver
mixer _CD or _LINE expecting it to select the appropriate device:

    if ( STREQ( buf, "CD" ) ) {
        Mixer_dev_id   = SOUND_MIXER_CD;
        Mixer_dev_mask = SOUND_MASK_CD;
        Mixer_dev_name = "CD";
    }
    else {
        Mixer_dev_id   = SOUND_MIXER_LINE;
        Mixer_dev_mask = SOUND_MASK_LINE;
        Mixer_dev_name = "LINE";
    }

 >|There are problems recording as mpeg audio as well, but they
 >|are much more tangible--still, does this work for anyone?
 >|If so, what layers, and are you using the default ports?

As Luigi mentioned the ports for mpeg_audio seem to use the wrong
endianness.  I just fetched and rebuilt mpeg_audio from scratch, and it
works fine.  It's pretty simple; instructions are in the fxtv README file.

Randall