Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:26:24 +0900
From:      Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   'make release' -current in a -stable environment (Re: HEADS UP: sigset_t changes committed)

I don't know how many people is thinking about release procedure, but
please give me some notes... with this change, we cannot do 'make
release' -current in a -stable environment (and vice versa, maybe).

Reason:
	In a 'make release', all building procedures are done in a
	chroot-ed environment (great!). However, 'make release' does
	'make installworld' (in a chroot-ed environment) before
	building the distribution; so there is a potential problem
	that tools used in building procedure does not work on the
	running kernel (chroot-ed environment does not load yet
	another kernel :-).

I don't know how to build the contents of current.freebsd.org, but
maybe it requires two individual machines to build both -current/-stable
release...

-- -
Makoto `MAR' MATSUSHITA