Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:51:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: turning off tagged queuing with CAM?

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> Matthew Jacob wrote...
> > On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> >
> > > Matthew Jacob wrote...

> > > No it isn't.  As I told him yesterday, if you edit mode page 10 and set the
> > > DQue bit to 1, it will turn tagged queueing off.  Or you can put a quirk
> > > entry in the transport layer to do it.
>
> > This needs to be better documented.
>
> Well, it's documented in the SCSI specs. :)  I guess I could put something
> in the camcontrol man page about it.

Wrong.

camcontrol is for users to use. A low level approach may work, but a
useful tool won't force everyone to use that approach.

> > It's also not clear that this in fact
> > is the right approach. Disabling something in a target device may or may
> > not be the right approach to take when you want to disable something for
> > the benefit of the initiator (e.g.).
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at...  You mean you want a
> switch to disable tagged queueing for everything on a particular initiator?

Yes. You also need to disable it at the initiator level. For whatever
reason. Don't depend upon your telephone to work to call somebody and tell
them that your telephone isn't working.

-matt