Date:      Mon, 12 May 2003 21:49:30 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>
To:        Joseph Maxwell <jemaxwell@jaymax.com>
Cc:        Free BSD_Users <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How / where can I get the xmkmf ?

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 07:11  PM, Joseph Maxwell wrote:
> Hello,
> Can someone direct me to a source for the 'xmkmf' prog? compiler
> component?
> gcc complaints ==>
>
> xmkmf: not found
> *** Error code 127
>
> googl'd numerous references to it, but how to and where from woefully
> missing, seem as if part of X-Windows system. FreeBSD porter Archives
> likegoogle also

Install /usr/ports/devel/imake.

If you're trying to install a port that's failing because it's not
finding it, it's probably a bug.  If it's required, the port should
depend on it.  If you're installing something else (i.e., not a port),
ignore everything I just said :-)

- jim

--
- jim mock  mij@{soupnazi|opendarwin}.org  jim@{bsdnews|FreeBSD}.org -