Date:      Sun, 05 Aug 2001 14:26:24 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Michelle Brownsworth <michelle@primelogic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, nate@yogotech.com
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad X20 keyboard mapping problems

> Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 14:13:13 -0700
> From: Michelle Brownsworth <michelle@primelogic.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Hmm... interesting analysis.  I might suggest to my buddy that he
> experiment with some of your tips before recompiling the kernel with
> pvct instead of the syscons console driver.  See my recent reply to
> Nate Williams, with subject "ThinkPad console drivers (was: Boot
> hangs on mounting root with wireless card inserted)."

Yes, I've seen it. I'd really suggest sticking with syscons if
possible. You can test this with a simple shell, perl, or just about
anything else script or program.

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "^O";
exit;

Note that you must enter the ^O as a control character. In emacs or vi
this is CTRL-Q CTRL-O.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)