Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 1995 21:14:56 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        davidg@Root.COM, hasty@netcom.com, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DDB symbols

>I hope that the man page or some obvious place is stated that you
>need the new boot blocks and to type "-D" at the boot prompt
>to load the symbols. I know that I am using current...

This will probably change before it is documented.  "-D" is too much
trouble to type.  I think it would be best to always load the symbols
(if they fit) and throw them out if ddb isn't in the kernel.  The
main reason this isn't already done is that there is no room in the
boot blocks for checking if things fit.

>A good place would be in the FAQ about kernel debugging. Just
>a few lines there may save future kernel hackers a lot of headaches.

`find /sys/ | xargs grep symbol'.

Bruce