Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 17:26:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Roberts <jroberts@ashland.edu>
To:        FreeBSD questions list <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   gcd(X,XF86,FreeBSD) = ?

Greetings and salutations!

Does anyone know just how much X and XFree86 have in common?  I bought
FBSD to learn UNIX programming -- esp. X* programming.  Are there
appreciable deviations from X in XF86 that I need to consider, and also,
are there appreciable deviations from XF86 proper to the port for FreeBSD?
Is a good X programming book a good XF86-on-FreeBSD programming book?

I ask, because in addition to some books already mentioned on another
thread, I'm looking at a couple of X books from my book club that just
claim to deal with "X Windows".

Thanks,

Jeff

    Jeff Roberts    jroberts@!ashland.edu     strider@!acm.org