Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:21:59 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
To:        Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth on IBM T30 (serial device?)

Tobias,

>>bottom line: if your T30 has the same device and TDK used CSR chip
>>in it then you will make it work.
>
> looks good. I played some more with windows, and then I got it to
> display some hardware specs:
>
> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (that means CSR chip, right?)
> Firmware Version 115
> HCI Version 1.1  Revision 0073
> LMP Version 1.1  Minor version 0073

yes it is a CSR chip based device. can you tell if its a USB device?

> However, I did not yet get FreeBSD to recognize it.
> Can you guide me on the following things?
>
> Kernel config, as related to usb/bluetooth
> Modifications to a base 5.0 Release install, if needed
> Which modules to load at what point (loader.conf, after boot)

at this point you do not need to add anything to your kernel config.
everything can be loaded by hand. just make sure you have USB, PCCARD
and sio support in your kernel

> My thinkpad has a little button that has to be pressed to activate
> bluetooth, and a led that indicates bluetooth status (on/off). I
> do not know if it will work when I try to activate bluetooth during
> boot, I tried with no success, but that might be another problem
> (see my questions above).

could you please try the following:

1) at loader prompt type (without quotes) "boot -v"
2) do not press the Bluetooth button just yet
3) wait until system is fully loaded
4) kldload ugen (this is only required if you do not have
    "device ugen" the in the kernel config file)
5) press the Bluetooth button

now if you have a USB device then ugen(4) driver should attach to it.
watch for it in /var/log/messages. if you see messages from ugen(4)
then send me the output of

# usbdevs -v -d

if you do not see the device then please send me the output of
the following commands

1) dmesg
2) pciconf -v -l

thannks,