Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 01:28:09 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Robert Withrow <bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com>
Cc:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some new ports broken on 4.0REL

[ lots of arb crap removed ]

> Instead, I think the ports system should start off with just the
> infrastructure: the INDEX, the Mk directory (and maybe the Templates
> directory) and individual ports should be pulled from the distribution
> sites (or the cdrom) using something like pib or portcheckout.  These
> tools should also provide a means for updating the INDEX file and for
> updating individual ports.  Neither of these tools (and no tools that
> I am aware of) do all of this.

I was just trying to help, I really don't need your long essay on the
lack of documentation and functionality that you'd really like.

However, your infrastructure sounds nice.  When can I expect the code?

Where are your patches to fix the documentation, while you're at it?

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
Hacker In Chief, Sunesi Clinical Systems