Date:      Thu, 3 May 2007 21:11:41 +0200
From:      Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein@gmail.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org, Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cpu.cx usage no longer available?

Kevin Oberman wrote:
> I have heard that the new USB drivers are unlikely to make it into V7.0
> due to lack of testing. I really hope a few more people give it a whirl
> and report back on the results, good or bad, so that the drivers can
> either be fixed or added to current.

I'm running with the new stack for about half a year now, and most of
the problems I encountered were due to me messing up the build
instructions (they do suck, but that's what you get for out-of-tree
development).

There is (was?) a known problem with ural(4) devices (but the old
ural(4) drive would panic with WPA anyway, so not much worse) and my USB
headset is currently not working (it was working few months ago). Most
probably because I fucked up the installation yet another time, or
Arrif's changes to the sound subsystem might be responsible.

FWIW, with the old USB stack, my headset won't work _at_all_, same goes
for my MP3 stick (probably only requires some quirks ...)

I'm amazed that Hans is putting up with this out-of-tree development for
so long.

Keep it up! The day for HPS-USB will surely come ...

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
"The trouble with the dictionary is you have to know how the word is
spelled before you can look it up to see how it is spelled."