Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:56:42 -0700
From:      Joseph Howes <joeh@enernet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Network interfaces not found

Hello,

Yesterday I updated my 2.2.7 source tree to 2.2.8 and recompiled the
system.  Everything went well, and I've now recompiled my kernel and the
only thing not working is that my two network interfaces are no longer
found when probed.  The kernel probes the PCI bus and finds two network
devices, but it reports "no driver loaded" and somehow fails to
associate vx0 and vx1 with my two cards.

I should note that the kernel config I'm using has worked well under
2.2.7 for about 8 months.  The modifications from the generic kernel are
for probing my specific network cards, enabling DHCP, and commenting out
some devices which I don't have (such as SCSI devices and suchlike).
I've played with my kernel config for a bit this morning trying to
enable stuff I thought might be necessary, but to no avail.

Any ideas, anyone??

Joe Howes