Date:      Thu, 05 Jul 2001 00:43:35 +0200
From:      Tor.Egge@fast.no
To:        jjreynold@home.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hard lockups since cvsup'ing Jul 1st. Help!

> > FWIW, applying both of Tor's patches (the MFS one committed to
> > -stable AND the first patch to procfs included in his email) seems
> > to sort the problem here -- I have gone without problems through a
> > full make world.
> >

> I concur. Commit the patch Tor :)

I committed a different patch (to sys/kern/vfs_default.c) and backed
out the mfs patch.

vop_noislocked() should not be identical to vop_stdislocked().  I
changed it to return 0 (which the 5.0-current version does).  This
should solve the SMP lockup problem when using file systems that did
not start their per-vnode private data with a struct lock (mfs,
procfs, devfs and linprocfs)

- Tor Egge