Date:      Mon, 08 Feb 1999 17:55:50 -0600
From:      adam <ckuether@worldnet.att.net>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AHA-2842 in reverse under 2.2.1

Hi all, just dropped in to see if I could get a little help.

I recently upgraded a stock (more or less) slackware 3.5 (kernel 2.0.34)

to kernel 2.2.1.
Everything compiled and built okay.
I ran it, but discovered a snag.
the AIC7xxx driver is now discovering my 2 VLB AHA-2842 host adapters in

a different order.  :(
Under 2.0.34 It reported VLB 1 then VLB 2, now it finds VLB 2 first.
This ruins my filesystem as you would expect.

I tried the aic7xxx=reverse_scan option, but no remedy.
Swapping the bus cables between the host adapters solves the problem,
but is kinda hard on the equipment and is rather tedious as I switch
kernels while preparing for the final move to 2.2.x

Help?

Adam Kuether