Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 00:03:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Philipp <pjp@globalserve.net>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        chat@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: major push by spammers?

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> we have rejected 20 spam attempts in the last 16 hours.
> this is a record....could we have a major push underway?
>
> or is it just coincidence?
>
> jmb

Actually, I think so but I also _know_ ;) that in my vicinity something is
being done against it.  Trust me, I'm one of those people that will do
anything to 1. try to prevent spamming from my site, 2. filter spammers.
The more ISP's work together on these two issues the better.
Unfortunately in my position I'm fairly new in my administrative
position and it might take a week or two, to fully push the place to full
spam prevention.

Wish me luck,

Peter

I am a supporter of the anti-spam campaign.         <http://spam.abuse.net>;