Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:10:41 -0000
From:      Stuart Nuttall <stuart.nuttall@claytons.co.uk>
To:        "'Phife'" <aca3@MIT.EDU>
Cc:        "'AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG'" <AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Adaptec Ultra SCSI under linux

>Does anyone have a patch or module that will allow the RedHat Linux install
>program to detect my Adaptec 2940U2W adapter?

1) Start in Expert mode

2) specify 'aic7xxx=no_probe' as an additional parameter for the CD-ROM
after you select the last Adaptec choice on the list.

3) Add the same parameter to lilo.conf when you've got a working system.

Hope this helps,

Stuart

This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information.  If
you are not the intended recipient(s) of this message, please contact the
sender immediately, and do not disclose or make use of this information.