Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 23:11:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Curt Mayer <curt@emergent.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NETBSD ccd driver

On Fri, 29 Dec 1995, Curt Mayer wrote:

> has anyone ported this puppy yet? I've started a port, but it occurred to
> me that maybe i'm reinventing the wheel. also, porting from netbsd to
> freebsd sometimes feels like 'dumbing down', specifically the config
> interface, and the disk data structure stuff. we are closer to 4.4, and
> that is good, and the netbsd folks seem to be charging off into uncharted
> but possibly nicer territory. philosophical difference?

Satoshi Asami told me that he'd been working recently on this, at least
I'm pretty sure this is what it was;  he said he had a lot done, too.  I
know he's not been responding to his email as fast lately, because he'd
enjoying himself entirely too much (I never got the hang of smileys, I
guess I'm smiley handicapped?)

> 	curt

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;