Date:      Fri, 04 May 2001 00:49:53 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        Tim.Ehrhart@eln.ericsson.se
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 address in /etc/resolv.conf ?

>>>>> On Thu, 3 May 2001 17:11:31 +0200
>>>>> "Tim Ehrhart (ELN)" <Tim.Ehrhart@eln.ericsson.se> said:

Tim.Ehrhart> Most was solved with the upgrade, but I have one lingering issue. If I put a IPv6 address in my /etc/resolv.conf,
Tim.Ehrhart> it is ignored, and "jumps" over to the second (IPv4) entry. Can anyone explain this to me ?

How did you know that?  FreeBSD version of nslookup and dig are not
support IPv6 transport and simply ignore nameserver line with IPv6
address.
Does your nameserver provide service via IPv6?  BIND9 supports IPv6
transport but you need to add listen-on-ipv6 directive into
named.conf.

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/