Date:      Sat, 08 Jun 1996 16:27:01 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@headcandy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using two NCR 53C825 controllers blows up?

"Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com> writes:
>What kind of machine is this?

Oops, sorry. It's not a name brand per se. It is an "Intel Advanced
ZP" motherboard. AMI Bios, and I don't have the revision handy.

>However, the "second" card was actually installed with a lower address
>or IRQ or something.  The only thing that made it come "after" the
>first was because it was hacked into the BIOS that way.  After
>bootstrapping, NT doesn't use the BIOS anymore, and so would make the
>"second" controller into the first controller under NT, and the
>"first" controller would become the second.  The drives on the
>controllers, of course, would then follow the new order.  Very very
>annoying.

That's real swell, now how do I find out whether it's doing that?
These NCR cards have jumpers to switch between INT A/B/C/D, but
I don't think PCI interrupts are as simple as ISA ones. Do I hafta
play with the jumpers?
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

Sometimes what a person escapes to is worse than what they escapes from.