Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 10:55:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@nuxi.com>, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Subject:   ports/18646: Remove three obsolete/bogus patches from the Wine port

>Number:         18646
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Remove three obsolete/bogus patches from the Wine port
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:

	Vanilla FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE i386 with only those kernel configs
	required by Wine.

	The three patches
	 . patch-ee
	 . patch-ef
	 . patch-eh
	were applied Fri Dec 10 17:36:21 1999 by David O'Brien (who
	stepped in as the maintainer did not have the time) in response
	to PR 15118 submitted (with those patches) by Juergen Lock.

	These patches appear completely unrelated to PR 15118 and they
	fail to apply to current Wine sources.

	In addition, these patches are not related to FreeBSD-specific
	issues in any way, and we should -- IMO -- refrain from causing
	needless branches from an actively maintained application such
	as Wine.

	(Actually it might well be the case that they were included
	unintentionally with the real patch intended for PR 15118.)

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

	Please remove those three patches.

	(This is a requirement for an update of the Wine port that I have
	already prepared and will submit shortly.)