Date:      03 Jul 2000 17:20:15 -0400
From:      Nat Lanza <magus@cs.cmu.edu>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   3Com 3c575 support in 4.0-STABLE?

I have a ThinkPad 600 with a 3Com Megahertz 3c575 10/100 PCMCIA ether
card that I'd really like to install 4.0-STABLE on.

I've tried using the 20000703 installer snapshot without success. I've
browsed through mailing list archives and seen some "we don't support
that" discussions, but they're pretty old.

Is this supported at all? I'm willing to hunt down patches, build my
own install disks, or run -CURRENT, but I'd really rather not have to
buy a new ethernet card.

Linux supports the card nicely, and from what I can tell so do NetBSD
and OpenBSD, so it's really kind of surprising that FreeBSD doesn't
seem to support it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--nat

--