Date:      Wed, 05 Sep 2001 15:00:55 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        grog@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Vinum vs. hardware RAID (was: RAID5)

Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> >   It's *SO* much easier to configure the 3ware controller ....
>
> Probably also more restricted, isn't it?

     Yes.  However, for many users, it does everything that they need
and want: basic RAID 0, 1, 5 (probably not recommended), & 10.

[ It's strange, considering that many "RAID users" are home users.  I'm
  constantly surprised by the number of hackers setting up "home RAID"
  systems (using the "on-motherboard RAID controller", the Promise
  controller, or something else like vinum or 3ware).  ]

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com