Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:33:56 +0200
From:      Olivier Houchard <mlfbsd@ci0.org>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sleeping thread (tid 100017, pid 27) owns a non-sleepable lock

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 02:13:41PM +0200, Bernd Walter wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 01:12:10PM +0200, Olivier Houchard wrote:
> >
> > Here, something is deadly wrong. You get a page fault while scheduling the
> > interrupt. Most likely something writes where it shouldn't and corrupts the
> > ithread structures, or you're mixing INTR_FAST and non-INTR_FAST drivers, but
> > reading at your dmesg it doesn't seem so.
> > Can you reproduce it, or does it just happen randomly ?
>
> It is reproduceable.
> And contrary to the original boot problem I get excactly the same panic
> when turning off one SDRAM chip.
> But the panic is gone if I use a kernel without my rlswitch driver.
> Now ukphy gets connected to all 6 PHY mappings.
> Can't imagine at which place rlswitch could have corrupted memory, but
> maybe it happens because of refusing multiple attachment.

No I don't think your rlswitch driver is responsible for your problem. I
remember we had a a similar problem when trying to use iic. We blame iic at
that time, but now I think we have something somewhere code which
writes at random location, and it just happen to be noticable when the iic
or your rlswitch driver are in the kernel. Or maybe it malloc() some chunk of
code, and write before/after the allocated chunk. That's just a guess of course.
I thought memguard could help us on this one, but it doesn't seem so.
That's really an hard to track problem I fear.

Olivier