Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 1995 16:07:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: test coverage of LINT

> As Bruce Evans wrote:
> >
> > `grep 'define N.*0'' in /sys/compile/LINT should produce no output but
> > actually produces the left half of the following:
>
> > od.h:#define NOD 0				# source files missing
>
> Under development.  Only the hooks are reserved yet, there used to be
> some discussion on the SCSI list about required changes to the SCSI
> configuration stuff.

Yes, I owe that configuration work to Joerg.

> > su.h:#define NSU 0				# should be enabled ???
>
> IMHO, it's obsolete and has been replaced by the `uk' device.

It's old use was replaced by the ability to set the position of
SCSI devices via config.

Until changed, both SSC and SU can be enabled in LINT:

> pseudo-device   su      # "scsi user"
> pseudo-device   ssc     # "super scsi"

and anything needed in su will be folded into ssc.

I have these enabled here and use "super scsi" regularly.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936