Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:45:00 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        dave shar <freebsd.users@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/164036: Moused fails on 9_0_RELENG

On Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:44:22 am dave shar wrote:
> >> The problem appears to be -
> >> "atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> failed to probe at port 0x60 on
> > isa0"
> >
> > Yes, that would be the root cause.  Can you verbosely boot a kernel that
> > doesn't have sound, many of the messages from the verbose dmesg above were
> > lost.
> >
> > --
> > John Baldwin
>
> Here is verbose boot without sound devices -
http://paste.pocoo.org/show/533788/

Hmm, I dont' see atkbdc in there at all, however, I wonder if the fact that
ACPI gives 0x60 to your PS/2 mouse device is what breaks this:

psmcpnp0: <PS/2 mouse port> port 0x60,0x64 irq 12 on acpi0

Can you provide your acpidump -d output (note, it will be large)?

--
John Baldwin