Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:52:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Christopher H. Laco" <chris.laco@threetech.com>
To:        <fasty@i-sphere.com>
Cc:        <skv@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: p5-PodParser

In the last exciting episode of Das Internet, faSty sent forth the
following words of wisdom:
> Hi guys,
>
>  I tried compile the p5-Mail-SpamAssassin. It end up compiles failed
> due the version did not met the requirement. I am attempting install
> the SpamAssassin milter for Sendmail.
>
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for p5-PodParser-1.18
> /usr/bin/find /usr/ports/textproc/p5-PodParser/work/PodParser-1.18 -name
> \*.orig -exec /bin/rm {} \; ===>  Configuring for p5-PodParser-1.18
> You need at least version 0.8 of the File::Spec module!
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./Makefile.PL line 14.
> *** Error code 255
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/p5-PodParser.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin.
> *** Error code 1
>

> I checked the File::Spec showing 0.82 and I looked up the Makefile.PL at
> 14 lines.
>
>         if(($File::Spec::VERSION || 0) < 0.8) {
>           die "You need at least version 0.8 of the File::Spec
> module!\n";
>         }
>

> I dont understand. The File::Spec is 0.82 version and it supposed met
> the requirement.. Please help!!
>
> -fasty

What your uname -a output?
I had this same problem a while back.
The @INC path compiled in the base Perl looks in the base perl local
first, then to the ports Perl installation directories.

The base Perl was patched to change the @INC path bout 3 weeks or so ago.
CVSUP your src tree and recompile/reinstall perl. That should fix it.

See:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/39337
-=Chris