Date:      Sat, 06 Oct 2012 17:07:54 +0200
From:      Andreas Tobler <andreast-list@fgznet.ch>
To:        Matthew Rezny <mrezny@hexaneinc.com>
Cc:        Justin Hibbits <chmeeedalf@gmail.com>, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD9 running CPUs slow on PowerMac7,2

On 03.10.12 10:33, Matthew Rezny wrote:

> hours of trying other things had I even thought to change that. Is
> there any way to change OD variable from FreeBSD as can be done under
> OS X with nvram command? That would make it easier to get the prompt
> back when needed as long as the system is still booting.

I forgot to answer this one.

In FreeBSD you can use nvram (see man nvram) to set variables in OF.

To enable/disable auto-boot? you just do this:

% nvram auto-boot\?=true
% nvram auto-boot\?=false

Important, do not forget the backslash to before the ?.

% nvram -p shows the content of the nvram.

You can also set the boot-device, here it is important to quote the two
backslashes before :tbxi. E.g:

% nvram boot-device=sd0:2,'\\':tbxi

If something goes wrong, you can always do a 'reset-nvram' and
'reset-all' inside OF.

Andreas