Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 17:44:04 -0800
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   conf/31863: buildworld fails

I just reported pr conf/31863.  I have NO_SENDMAIL send in make.conf and
I also have a cvsup rule to reject *sendmail* to try to prevent anything
sendmail-related from ever polluting my system.  The new
/usr/src/share/doc/smm includes a chapter on sendmail that is not
conditional on NO_SENDMAIL in the Makefile.  Because the directory
08.sendmailop does not exist, the build fails!

The fix is simple: remove 08.sendmailop from the SUBDIR list in the
Makefile and put an optional section conditional on NO_SENDMAIL:

.ifndef NO_SENDMAIL
SUBDIR+= 08.sendmailop
.endif

/Joe