Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 16:20:00 -0700
From:      Eric M Logan <ericmlogan@mediaone.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   about gftp...

since updating to 4.3 I've noticed that a lot of ports have been marked
broken.  For instance, reportmagic, netscape*, and GFTP.  Especially in
regards to Gftp, if a port is marked broken is that it?  No more app and
deal with it?  It's been suggested that the Makefile in the ports dir
could be modified so that the app can be installed anyway but what's the
proper thing to do as I don't want to install a port that has been
marked broken?  Thanks.