Date:      Thu, 06 Feb 1997 10:53:24 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stomp the bug!!!! (Was cyclades bug)

>David,
>	One last thought. (BTW, I'm assuming you'll commit the change I sent
>in... If not, let me know :) ).

   Sorry, yes, I committed it seconds after you told me about it. :-)

> If we tinkered with locore.s and pmap.c to
>remove the PG_N (?) flag to try to fix this problem, would there be any
>reason not to put them back in assuming they would a.) improve performance
>someplace, and b.) not cause additional problems down the road? Again, just
>a thought...

   Yes, the problem other people were having with occasional panics is
apparantly unrelated to the bug you found in the initialization code. It
is still believed that removing PG_N fixes that problem. There should be
no difference in performance in any case.

-DG

David Greenman