Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:31:38 -0800
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Backing up a file system... How do I preserve the file flags?

I've just been doing some thinking about disaster recovery and how I
would go about making complete backups on my FreeBSD file systems,
for example from disk-to-tape or else maybe disk-to-disk.

Now obviously, I _can_ use cpio to make a full backup, but looking at
the man page for cpio, I don't see anyweher where it talks about the
file flags that are documented in chflags(1) and chflags(2).  So I'm
assuming that cpio WILL NOT preserve these flags, correct?

So how am I supposed to preserve them when making my full backups?