Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 00:09:50 -0400
From:      "Jerry Cattell" <jcattell@lacitd.corp.fedex.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crystal 4280 Sound Card?

Quick Question -

I have a HP Vectra VLi8 which has a Crystal Sound System sound card
built on to the motherboard, model CS4280.

No matter what I try to add to the kernel config file, it can never find
my sound card.  I have also tried downloading the Open Sound System
package by 4Front, and although it correctly detects the sound card, it
can't initialize it.

What is the most effective way of getting FreeBSD 3.2 to recognize this
card?

Thanks for your help!

--Jerry Cattell