Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2000 23:47:11 +0000 (WET)
From:      Nuno Subtil <freebsd-isdn@subtil.dhis.dee.uc.pt>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Old Teles Vision card

I have recently come across a strange ISA card from Teles. It seems to be
a multi-function card (it was used in a video-conference system a few
years ago), which also functions as an ISDN adapter. It has two (seemingly
identical) Siemens SAF 82525 N HSCX V2.1 chips, and another Siemens PSB
2186 H V1.1 chip. There is a sticker on the board which reads "Vision M
SHK 09/96 041", but underneath the board it claims to be a "Teles.Vision-P
Revision 1.1", dated from 1994. The board also has what seems to be a VGA
connector, and another strange connector (looks like a PC joystick port,
but it has three rows of pins). It is big (barely fits in my box), and has
an assortment of other chips which don't seem to be related to the ISDN
interface.

Of course, I wanted to use the ISDN part under FreeBSD, but I've had no
luck so far. The Teles 16.0 / 16.3 drivers report that the HSCX signature
byte 3 is wrong (0x42), the Teles 8.0 driver bombs with "HSCX version 15
unknown". Is there any chance of getting this to work ? (I'm running
4.1.1-STABLE)

Nuno Subtil
nsubtil@subtil.dhis.dee.uc.pt