Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:03:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, plamendp@techno-link.com
Subject:   Re: iomega-zip: READ http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ48.html

>Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 14:33:37 +0300
>From: Plamen Petkov <plamendp@techno-link.com>

> Hmm, what about some hard coded numbering scheme... say 001..099:
>Installing... 100..199:Admin... 200..299:Commincations ...etc...numbers
>reserved for future FAQ's..

>This way you could insert every new FAQ into his subject group w/o rearanging
>the numbers...

>Now the FAQ48 will be "<something>" forever.. :-)

Well, *IF* (please note the "big if"!) it is deemed sufficiently useful
to maintain label consistency, I submit that rather than using numeric
ranges for specific topics, it would probably be a little easier to use
alphabetic (mnemonic) prefixes -- "Install-xxx"; "Admin-xxx"; "Comm-xxx"
-- or maybe just single letters, though that gets a little cryptic.

However, I really don't think the effort necessary to keep the pointers
constant is worth it.

david
--
David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621