Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:19:22 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Should I choose 10 or 11 of best WiFi AP expirience? :)

>  Now my router/AP lives on very old (~7 months!) -CURRENT, because Adrian
> did great job on wifi, but only in -CURRENT.

>  What is plans now, when 10 is released? Will fixes in Wifi backported to 10
> on regular basis or should I migrate to new -CURRENT?

// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>

It's a logical guess that something in -CURRENT 7 months ago would be in 10, since -CURRENT was then part of releng-10.

But fixes may go to 11-HEAD without being backported to 10.

I have both source trees (10-STABLE and 11-HEAD) but don't know what to look for since you didn't specify the exact hardware item or driver.

That clues me: maybe I should favor 11-HEAD over 10-STABLE to get the first updates to re(4) and rsu(4)?  But I've been building both, and for both amd64 and i386.

Tom