Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:37:46 -0500
From:      "Donald J. O'Neill" <donaldj1066@fastmail.fm>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE make package failure

Hello Peter;

There is a procedure I follow in a situation like this, I don't
remember where I got it from (I think from the KDE web site
somewhere),

1) make install qt first
2) make install arts next
3) make install kdelibs 3rd
4) make install kde3 (the meta port)
5) make install whatever is missing that you want

Substitute make package for make install, or do it after install.

arts depends on qt in order to build. kdelibs depends on qt and arts
in order to build. Building a packages increases the time required
to get kde installed, but having those packages can save time
later.

Don

Donald J. O'Neill
donaldj1066@fastmail.fm