Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:16:47 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kristian Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        digital@www2.shoppersnet.com (Howard Lew)
Cc:        fullermd@futuresouth.com, hm@kts.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pulling email addresses from freebsd lists

> Yes, I think you are right.  I have checked and they do seem to come from
> posts/replies -- not from being on the list.  I guess there is no easy
> solution except for adding a nospam email address which is a big pain for
> anyone who wants to reply.

I'd just like to note that today I received my first ever spam-mail,
after posting to this list for the first time a few days ago. Until now
I've been successfully "hiding" by not having my email address make it
out onto UseNet or anywhere else grepped by spammers.

Oh well - all good things much come to an end, as they say :-)

Kris