Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 1997 14:14:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        TOKER ONUR <onur@dpc.kfupm.edu.sa>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: user level posix threads ...

FreeBSD has a built-in user-level posix thread (well, it's pretty close)
interface
you need to make sure it's build. it 's called libc_r
so you link with -lc_r

also use the #define THREAD_SAFE in your program to get the correct
definitions from the include files.

if you don't have a libc_r.a or libc_r.so, then you need to build it from
the sources.. it's built by default in 3.0 but U think you need to go to
/usr/src/lib/libc_r and type 'make' and 'make install' on 2.2.2

I'm not sure what is needed in 2.2.5

to see if you have it installed.
do
man pthread_create