Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 1995 15:44:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, dufault@hda.com, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 52gig RAID, causes panic

> >What is the interaction between LUN switching, Tagged Queuing, and SCSI
> >disconnect?
> >
> >I'd think it would be. uh, unpleasent.
>
> Why?  LUN switching is exactly the same as switching targets.

Assuming that completion can be sent.

I think the way Lun switching works with a changer, you don't want
outstanding I/O's when the Lun is switched.  8-).

Might be the same for a RAID, depending on the actual electronics
(one would hope that it wasn't, though...).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.