Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 1997 16:39:55 -0800
From:      Simon Walton <simonw@CS.UCLA.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        simonw@delphi.cs.ucla.edu
Subject:   Installation on AST J30

Hello,

   I am attempting to install 2.1.6 on an AST J30 over a 3COM589 E/net
card (PCMCIA). The standard boot disk fails to recognize the presence of this
card at all. Using a special PCMCIA boot disk from Tatsumi Hosokawa
I was able to load FreeBSD. Now, however, FreeBSD itself does not recognize
the E/net card, although o/wise seems to run ok.

   It appears I need to install the PAO package (from Hosokawa), including
the pc card daemon, which is not part of the standard dist. I have fetched
the package but have been unable to recompile the kernel so far.

   Does anyone know where I can get compiled binaries for this card
package, or o/wise how I can get my network card working?

   Please reply, since I don't subscribe.

Thanks,
Simon