Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:41:35 -0600
From:      Mike S <msuter@iname.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RealAudio serving / Multiple Soundcards

I'm working with a company that wants to encode and serve 6 live audio
feeds via RealAudio.

I'm recommending they go with FreeBSD for the project.

Any info appreciated, but at this point I'm looking at several questions
in particular..

What sound cards would be recommended here?  (I've got a question in to
RealAudio, but getting info from them is like pulling teeth...)  I'm
thinking a PCI-based SoundBlaster (ie, PCI64) to conserve CPU cycles and
possibly use resource sharing (ie, IRQ/DMA)

How many sound cards of this type could be supported on a single
server?  Can the FreeBSD Soundblaster driver (and the cards themselves)
handle sharing resources between cards?

Please cc: me directly if possible.

Thanks for any info,
Mike Suter