Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:25:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Patrick Thomas <user@utility.clubscholarship.com>
To:        "Long, Scott" <Scott_Long@btc.adaptec.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Dell PERC 2/QC only supples four containers to FreeBSD - MORE

mknod isnot available to the energency holographic shell, however it _is_
available to FIXIT.  However, I think I will try installing the system
with just the four disks, booting into a live system, mknod from a live
system, then rerun /stand/sysinstall and run partition and label from the
post-install configuration section.

Do you think _all_ that needs to happen is that the nodes exist, or do you
think further modifications (like recomppiling the kernel to support more
than four aacX) ?   I will be trying it within an hour or so and will post
the results.

--pt