Date:      Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:31:35 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        Xin LI <delphij@frontfree.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to make use of the current source tree's include file?

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

Hi Xin,

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 11:34:04PM +0800, Xin LI wrote:
> I am recently working on a patchset that would provide mini-crashdump
> which needs to include a newly added include file into /sys/sys/ from
> the kgdb(1) source code.  I have used the following line to make this
> possible, in the latter's Makefile:
>=20
> CFLAGS+=3D	-I${.CURDIR}/../../../../sys/
>=20
> However I'm under the impression that there is some better ways to
> archive this, will you please give me some hints?
>=20
This line would be redundant when you "make buildworld" -- in this
case, the fresh headers are used.

But if you are looking for a way to compile a program with a new
(previously non-existent) header, the above makes sense.
Alternatively, you can "make .. DEBUG_FLAGS=3D-I${.CURDIR}/.../sys"
without modifying the makefile.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov