Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:04:35 -0600
From:      "Andy Rowland" <andy@tigertown.k12.mo.us>
To:        "George Cox" <gjvc@gjvc.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: help

[snipped question from someone who obviously didn't do *any* reading except
for how to get on this list....]
[Posted this little rant to chat, rather than questions]

I'm new to these lists, and new to FreeBSD, and my *nix/BSD skills are a
little rusty, having been most of 5 years away from it.  But I am still in
the computer/network business, as I run 5 school districts' networks, with a
mix of Win 95/98 (no 3.x thank God), Mac, and Novell......

I've found some uses for FreeBSD, and of course, it's like coming home
again, as my first contact with computers other than an Apple IIe was when I
headed off to college at Purdue in 1987.  I got to play with BSD 4.3 and
clones thereof.  And I met ghg.  He taught me a few small things.  I
installed, logged in the first time, looked around a bit, and thought 'yeah,
I remember this'.

Is it like this all the time??  People asking questions who *obviously*
havent' bothered to RTFM at all, and want us to tell them step-by-step?  I
guess I should be used to it by now, having spent some time with other OSes'
lists/forums (I *refuse* to even attempt to spend time in the MS newsgroups.
Too much noise/real content).  I thought it might be different here, but I
guess people are the same everywhere.  I've been mostly lurking here for
about a week or so, and the response to questions here is great!  Keep it
up!

I'll quit spewing now, and let you get back to your productive lives ;-)

--Andy Rowland
Grand River Network
andy@tigertown.k12.;mo.us