Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:36:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      "nate" <freebsd@aphroland.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sio1: 25 more tty-level buffer overflows

anyone know what this error means? I tried looking on google
but did not find much info, one reference to the sio manpage
but that manpage doesn't help, I still don't know what would
cause this.

the system has been running fine since november. I do have
serial console setup on it, maybe thats the cause, Is this
a serious problem?(e.g. can it cause a panic or something)

Apr  1 11:13:21 netmon-wa /kernel: sio1: 25 more tty-level buffer overflows
(total 25)
Apr  1 11:14:47 netmon-wa /kernel: sio1: 87 more tty-level buffer overflows
(total 112)
Apr  1 11:15:33 netmon-wa /kernel: sio1: 69 more tty-level buffer overflows
(total 181)
[..]
Apr  1 11:46:45 netmon-wa /kernel: sio1: 86 more tty-level buffer overflows
(total 1559)

I have the freebsd serial console(out) on the first serial port, and
I have an incoming serial connection from a Sun E250 on the second
serial port(from the sun's console).

I was not "using" either serial port at the time. minicom was still
loaded on the 2nd serial port at the time though.

this is freebsd 4.4 both serial ports running at 9600bps

thanks

nate