Date:      Mon, 4 Jul 2016 07:53:50 +0000
From:      Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: java in firefox and jnlp launch - help needed.

On 04/07/2016 07:22, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> i don't normally use java but have to for starting server remote
> management.
>
> i use firefox and installed icedtea-web.
>
> this page
>
> https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
>
> executes icedtea plugin and shows java is working properly.
>
> Now i want to start remote console. it downloads launch.jnlp file.
>
> i tried to run it with itweb-javaws and after loading software i'm
> getting
>
> no iKVM64 in java.library.path
>

> any idea? Thanks

Forget about icedtea-web. You will need the official Oracle JDK
java/linux-oracle-jdk18, which only works through Linux emulation. On my
system it installed java/javavmwrapper to which javaws points to:

root@crayon2:~ # which javaws
/usr/local/bin/javaws

root@crayon2:~ # l /usr/local/bin/java
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  21  2 Mar 01:08 /usr/local/bin/java ->
/usr/local/bin/javavm

root@crayon2:~ # pkg which /usr/local/bin/javavm
/usr/local/bin/javavm was installed by package javavmwrapper-2.5

I tried to configure the jnlp file to work with icedtea-web but
unsuccessfully. Please let us know if you manage to do it.

Greg