Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:48:41 +0100
From:      Jakab Michael <aon.912059936@aon.at>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with aic7880!

I´m using a 7880 on my motherboard and I´ve got a SCSI-CDROM, an
Ultra-SCSI-Disc and an Ultra-Wide-SCSI-Disc. Everything worked fine with
2.0.29, but since I´m using 2.0.36 and later 2.1.129 I had following
problem:
Aic7xxx.o detects all of the discs, but an only detect the partitions of
the Ultra-SCSI-Disc. The partition-check for the Ultra-Wide-SCSI aborts
„due to timeout“. It went fine after removing the Sony Ultra-Wide-disc.
A friend of mine has a similar problem with a Sony CDR and a 7880.
We´ve tried nearly all Boot-commands to the aic7xxx and we´ve also
modified the kernel configuration in any way you can imagine.
Have there been any changes in the module from 2.0.29 to 2.0.36?
Is it possible to use the old module in kernels newer than 2.0.29?