Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:07:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ian Kallen <spidaman@arachna.com>
To:        Gordon Tetlow <gordont@bluemtn.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: accessing an outside IP from inside a NAT net

Hmm, I tried that now.  I can ping from one subnet to the other, the
redirect_port directive appears to be working (at least outside machines
can access the internal IP/port combination correctly).  But the client
subnet still cannot reach the server subnet via the public IP. The servers
and clients all have proper subnetmasks, so they shouldn't be talking to
each other directly but only through the router/natd machine.  Any other
ideas?
thanks,
-Ian

--