Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 20:32:35 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        mcdougall@ameritech.net
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AWE driver ready for -current check-in

Adam McDougall:
 |  Hello, I got the awedrv and applied the patches successfully I think...
 |make depend said missing osreldate.h included from
 |/usr/src/sys/gnu/i386/isa/sound/awe_config.h
 |And I cant find osreldate.h anywhere; what to do now? :)
 |thanks if you can help

(Back from the break and filtering through my inbox...)

John-Mark brought this to my attention over the break as well.
(Ccing multimedia for any other 3.0-current users that might try/have tried
the AWE driver recently).

The one patch needed to "make depend" a 3.0-current kernel after the AWE
driver patches are applied is to remove this #ifdef block from the top of
/usr/src/sys/gnu/i386/isa/sound/awe_config.h:

     #ifdef __FreeBSD__
     #  define AWE_OBSOLETE_VOXWARE
     #  if __FreeBSD__ >= 2
     #    include <osreldate.h>
     #    if __FreeBSD_version >= 300000
     #      undef AWE_OBSOLETE_VOXWARE
     #    endif
     #endif
     #endif

It apparently isn't considered kosher to include some /usr/include files in
kernel source.  I don't know the full story on this yet.  Anyway, for
3.0-current, removing this whole block achieves the desired result
(AWE_OBSOLETE_VOXWARE is undefined).

Randall