Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:58:55 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm@dino.sk>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Cc:        kevlo@freebsd.org, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/arm/conf AVILA src/sys/arm/xscale/ixp425 avila_led.c files.avila ixp425.c

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 18:44, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <200611221257.kAMCvHLT053236@repoman.freebsd.org>
>
>             Kevin Lo <kevlo@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> :   Bring in status led support for /dev/led/gpioled on Avila.
> :   1.1       +114 -0    src/sys/arm/xscale/ixp425/avila_led.c (new)
>
> Maybe it is time to start thinking of a more generic GPIO framework
> that the led can plug into...
>
> I've started on one in the p4 tree for the atmel PIO.  It is
> incomplete and just an API right now (no gpio bus that devices can
> attach to).  Care to comment?
>
> Warner

I did some work based on older code from some FreeBSD based work with some
influence from OpenBSD. It uses gpio bus, gpio controller and gpio control
primitives. Currently it works with WRAP's geode controller and another LPC
SuperI/O GPIO controller. If you could tell me how to access your work (no
experience with p4 tree) I will be able to integrate them together. Or I can
use your work as an improvement. Either way, I would like to get my work put
into official repository, but it needs some refinement.
Regards,
Milan