Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 15:17:15 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SUP

> > But I'm saying we DID give warning!  Lots of warning!  More than
> > adequate warning!  The problem is that people don't friggin' LISTEN to
> > warnings when we give them!  We might as well be talking to a field of
> > stumps when we say "Sup is going away soon!  Everyone upgrade to CVSup
> > and CTM OK?  OK??"
>
> Er, Jordan? Much as I hate to stop a good flame, a better way of
> saying this might be to cite the mail message(s) you used to announce
> this.

Well, here's the article which started it.  The entire thread which
ensued would be too long to post, but the eventual concensus was a
resigned "OK, fine, we'll abandon sup - CVSup is simply that much
easier to maintain and it's a lot less load on freefall if we don't
have to cvs update two trees every day for sup, so a reasonable
cost/benefit ratio would seem to exist for this change."